Monday, December 8, 2008

And now for something completely different...

I know that several other photographers check my blog so I had to pass this along and hey, even if your not a photog you might get a kick out of this.




You've got to love geek humor and people with a little too much time on their hands. :)

For those of you who aren't aware, there is a hubbub on the internets about Nikon releasing a new 24 megapixel camera for a pretty high price. While Canon has their 1D series, Nikon is now entering the ring with their new D3X. Both cameras are somewhat over kill and totally more camera than most photographers need. But I'm finding that Nikon owners are somewhat like Macintosh owners...they are a tight knit group and can be pretty snobby. I'm a Nikon shooter and I just think it's funny that people are so upset about the release of an expensive camera. I'm thinking to myself: "If you don't like the price, don't buy it." No sense in getting mad that a company is selling something you feel is overpriced. I remember hearing similar rumblings when the iPhone was announced from the Apple faithful.

Silly fan boys. I just thought I'd share. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!!!! That's hilarious. Good thing I don't speak German.

Ivan Makarov said...

Not sure if you've seen a video based on the same clip but describing the most recent loss by BYU against Utah. Google "Hitler reacts to BYU loss". Pretty funny, especially the last part.

Anonymous said...

okay, that's funny.

Nice job on the wedding!

Ryan said...

Thanks everyone!

Ivan, I have not seen that video but I'm going to look it up right now. :)