Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Little Joe McGee

Around the time of the great depression Little Joe's once wealthy father lost everything. In a desperate attempt to find work his family drove across the US staying in abandon barns along the way. This photo was taken in front of one of the barns. While they had lost everything material they never gave up hope...or their fantastically awesome designer clothing.

Campbell Family

OK, so I just made that story up. But doesn't this photo have that same old timey feel? I just couldn't post it without some kind of narrative attached. :)

In truth, it was taken from a recent shoot of the Campbell family in Sherwood Oregon. For a photo session of 21 people it only took me a little over an hour so I have given them my award for the best behaved children in a supporting role.

The next several days will feature photos from the shoot. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

OH my....be still my heart. That picture KILLS me. Thanks for the prints. We got them in the mail today and they look fabulous! I also put the one of our little family on our Christmas cards. I will have to send you one so you can see how perfect they turned out. Thanks again, Ryan. You did such a great job and you have such an amazing talent. I wish I had a fraction of it.

Jodi June said...

OH! Ryan,
I have to say that you have captured my nephew is the PERFECT way. I love this little boy with ALL MY HEART! this by far was one of my very favorite pictures of the day!!!
My order will be coming in ASAP!
Thanks for all your amazing hard work! It was so much fun!

Chipmonkey said...

Oh my - what a handsome little guy. Beautiful shot, Ryan.

Ryan said...

Thank you all for the kind words. I also think this was my favorite photo from the day. I just loved how intensely and seriously he was looking into the camera. It's a rare thing so although I also had one of him smiling, this one just jumped out at me.

I really appreciate the comments guys and you guys were so much fun to shoot. ( Except for you Amber...because you weren't there :).

Chipmonkey said...

well I can assure you I would have been a barrel of laughs ;)