Sunday, March 22, 2009

Rock 'n Roll Saturday Night

A couple weeks ago I had the privilege of going to buddy's concert in his basement. Basement concerts are a rite of passage of sorts for Portland bands. Artists like The Decemberists, The Helio Sequence, The Thermals, M. Ward, The Dandy Warhols and Elliot Smith made the rounds of playing the basements of PDX.

Here is a fun little video MTV did awhile back about it:


Anyway, I fired off some shots at the concert which are below. You'll probably recognize of few of them from a shoot I did of them when I was just getting started with this whole photography thing. Check out Dave and Ryan's newest creation: Danger Death Ray. Enjoy!

Danger Death Ray and Black Math show

Danger Death Ray and Black Math show

Danger Death Ray and Black Math show

Danger Death Ray and Black Math show

Danger Death Ray and Black Math show

PS Stay tuned for a wicked awesome shoot I did for their band in an old church downtown that I'll post within the week.

2 comments:

Amy Nieto said...

i wanna go to a basement show!

Are these film?

Ryan said...

Nope these are digital although in photoshop I did change the digital noise to look more like film grain. Gotta love shooting at 3200 ISO.